Turn your mid-day chocolate craving into a nutrient-dense superfood snack break. This simple recipe brings a tart and crunchy snap to our smooth and creamy 90% dark chocolate.
The combinations of this Summer Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bark are endless. In this rendition, we included fresh perfectly ripe apricots and toasty walnuts bringing a superfood boost to your chocolate snack break.
Apricots are packed with antioxidants including beta carotene and vitamins A, C and E. They're also high in flavonoids which have been shown to protect against illness and neutralize free radicals.
And don't even get us started on walnuts. We're talking healthy fats, fiber, vitamin E and Omega-3s. In fact, walnuts are significantly higher in omega-3 far than any other nut.
This dynamic duo paired with coconut oil and our 90% dark chocolate makes this treat a delicious and nutritious addition to your guilt-free snack repertoire. We dare you to eat just one....at a time.
Original 90% Dark Chocolate (12-Count)
End of Summer Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bark
- 6-12 Verse Original Chocolate Medallions
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1-2 ripe apricots, diced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Salt, to taste
In a microwave safe bowl, or over a double boiler, add chocolate medallions and coconut oil. Add 6 for a half batch of bark and 12 for a complete batch. The amount of coconut oil remains the same.
2. Microwave for 30 seconds until they start to melt and give the chocolate a stir. Then microwave in 10 second increments until fully melted.
3. Pour chocolate onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet or into small silicon molds. If using molds, evenly distribute the chocolate using a tablespoon measurement.
4. Sprinkle on diced apricots, chopped walnuts, and a good pinch of salt.
5. Freeze until solid, about 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the freezer and either break apart the big batch
of bark into smaller pieces, or pop out the smaller molds and